Keep up to date with mixology news.
- September 11-17th, 2017 is Texas Tiki Week. Launched in 2012, Texas Tiki Week was founded by members of the Austin chapter of the United States Bartenders’ Guild and is a week-long celebration of tiki cocktails and culture. More events about Texas Tikki Week can be found here.
- Add some magic to your cocktails using the B'Lure. Check it out here.
- a.k.a mixology shows you how to make The Big Texas cocktail on KXAN's Studio512. Check it out here.
- Geraldine's at the Hotel Van Zandt wins top spot at the Official Drink of Austin 2016. The team at Backbeat came in a close second. The cocktails are very different, one is sweet while the other is savory. But, we can all agree, there is room for both. Read more about it here.
- Tales of the Cocktail announces the 2016 winner. This years cocktail is an updated take on the Moscow Mule, a refreshing beverage for the warm weather. Find the recipe for the El Burro Catalan here.
- Bartenders blowing smoke? It's happening across the country. Find out how to smoke your cocktails here.
- Have you seen a growing number of bars serving shrub cocktails? Shrubs date back to colonial times. Read more about it here.
- At Bourbon Steak DC in Washington, DC, head bartender Duane Sylvestre is making a crystal-clear mojito that looks just like a mint-laced glass of water. The secret: clarified lime juice. Read more about it here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/food-wine/clarified-lime-juice-make_b_5534287.html
- The Master of the perfect cocktail. Check out Booker & Dax when you are in NYC. Matt Buchanan over at Gizmodo gives you a look at the creative side of mixology.